Make the Most of Taurus SeasonApr 20, 2023
Welcome to Taurus Season. Each year from April 20 through May 20, the Sun travels through the Zodiac sign of the Bull. Discover the hidden history of Taurus, and how you can navigate its energy with patience and pleasure.
Find out more about the energy of the 2023 Taurus Horoscope.
Taurus & Mythology
Taurus season’s often perfect for pausing to smell the flowers. Only this time around, like Persephone, you may find your flower-gathering leads to more than you expected. And so before you find yourself abducted to the Underworld, you may want to check out the astroweather for the month ahead.
Let’s start by understanding the lessons Taurus may bring. These are inspired by its place in the archetypal Hero’s journey is encoded in the signs of the astrological Zodiac, a word that translates as “the Way of Life.”
- The cycle begins with Leo. Its ruler, the Sun, represents the soul’s divine spark.
- The soul is incarnated in the arms of a Virgin, Virgo, guided into manifestation by the divine messenger Mercury.
- Then in Libra, the Soul falls so in love with the pleasures of incarnation, it “forgets” its divine heritage
- In Scorpio, the Soul realizes its situation and decides to walk into the unknown to find a solution.
- In Sagittarius, the Hero meets a guide who offers sage advice on the road ahead.
- In Capricorn, the Sun must leave behind its mentor. Here the Soul begins its time of testing. Like the labors of Hercules, the Soul develops mastery and excellence through overcoming the obstacles on the path.
- In Aquarius, the Ego’s reality bubble gets a reset -- a breakdown to make a breakthrough. We see ourselves from a more detached and objective point of view so we can transcend that which limits us.
- After our breakthrough experience, Pisces brings an expansive rush. We may feel an overwhelming sense of wonder, at one with the Cosmos, or unlimited possibilities.
- Aries heralds an urge to begin again. We build our strength and resilience. Sometimes, this means breaking new ground as we leave behind the world and habits that led us to create our inner demons in the first place.
Taurus is the next stop on the Hero’s journey. It’s the place in which we learn to enjoy our “new normal.” The simple pleasures of life. That includes the power of love to lead us toward union with something deeper or greater than ourselves.
Taurus & Astrology
Now we can begin to understand the essence of Taurus encoded in its astrology symbolism. What’s the astrology that sets the conditions for this expansive experience?
- Taurus, ruled by the lovely Venus, moves us to embrace the simple, sensual pleasures of life. Venus encourages love to grow.
- As an Earth sign, Taurus urges us to “get physical,” to appreciate our physical form and all the pleasure it can bring
- As a fixed sign, Taurus energy is grounding and stabilizing. We’re encouraged to be mindful of the present moment and the wisdom it brings.
- Mars is in detriment in Taurus. Mars’ restless energy craves action and excitement. He chafes against Taurus’ desire to sit still and enjoy the present moment for what it is.
- The Moon is exalted in Taurus. The water Moon symbolizes our need for rest, self-nurturing, and stillness. When Taurus work is done well, we find ourselves slowing down and cultivating stillness.
- The Taurus constellation is a Bull’s head. The bovine is a symbol of agriculture and civilization, providing labor to create lands of milk and honey.
Make the Most of a Taurus Horoscope
The gifts of Taurus are many. Peace, tranquility, a feeling of contentment in simplicity. It a place where desire can merge with what one already has, so that craving may cease. It’s dark side? Clinging to what is, instead of remaining centered and witnessing the ebb and flow of life.
So, how do you make the best of Taurus season? Slow down and embrace the moment. So often our minds dwell on the past or fear the future. Both paths lead to suffering. So, let go of your expectations. Taurus reminds us to be. To find simple pleasure in our environment.